[Labs-l] Question: Is it allowed/okay to tunnel db query results to toolserver?

Silke Meyer silke.meyer at wikimedia.de
Mon May 27 12:47:07 UTC 2013

Hi all!

I am trying to write down questions and answers I got in Amsterdam.
But I didn't have answers for all of them, so here:

1) "If I run a proprietary software and I'm willing to change this but
need some time for it can I use Tool Labs for my db queries and then
tunnel the results to the toolserver where the actual tool is still
running?"

2) What's the recommended way to develop tools as a group? If others
want to modify my stuff but not the "original files", should they fork
it? Should they create a branch?

I am collecting all this here:
http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Labs/Migration_of_Toolserver_tools
The Labs and Tool Labs people might want to integrate it into the
"official" docs somewhere...

Cheers,
Silke

--
Silke Meyer
Internes IT-Management und Projektmanagement Toolserver

Tel. (030) 219 158 260

http://wikimedia.de

unter der Nummer 23855 B. Als gemeinnützig anerkannt durch das