[Labs-l] Question: GUI Editor on Tool Labs && "become" command

Marc A. Pelletier marc at uberbox.org
Thu May 2 13:26:42 UTC 2013

On 05/02/2013 05:48 AM, Silke Meyer wrote:
> Is it possible to switch to the project's account in a graphical
> environment and if so how???
> Supposedly, there are/will be Tool Labs users working with GUI tools
> on Linux as well as Windows (like Winscp).
>
> What's the proposed workflow for them?

In general, it's not necessary to switch to the tool account for this.
The tool account's home's permissions are set so that every maintainer
has write access to it directly.

The only caveat is that if their umask is set to 022 (I've set it to 002
on tools by default), files they create will not be writable by /other/
maintainers without a fix.

-- Marc