[Labs-l] Workflow documentation wanted for GUI users

Jeremy Baron jeremy at tuxmachine.com
Mon Mar 11 17:52:37 UTC 2013

On Mon, Mar 11, 2013 at 5:07 PM, Silke Meyer <silke.meyer at wikimedia.de> wrote:
> A toolserver user wrote to me with the following question that I don't
> know how to answer:
> He is used to working with a file manager via sftp and with a graphical
> editor and would like Labs best if he could just keep this workflow.
>
> Is this possible at all if you have to connect to an instance through
> the bastion? If so, has anyone tried this and could post how it's done?

Not tried on Windows but I'm pretty sure I've heard of people getting
it working. (and now I see you found a past record of that) There are
solutions in the official winscp docs but I think I prefer
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1010808/ssh-tunnelling-chain

Errr, but actually the Wikitech doc you found is even better than the
stackoverflow answer! It's a direct counterpart to `ssh -W`. Just
point people to
https://wikitech.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:Wikinaut/Help:Access_to_instances_with_PuTTY_and_WinSCP

-Jeremy