[Labs-l] use !log please

Jeremy Baron jeremy at tuxmachine.com
Tue Mar 5 16:08:54 UTC 2013

On Tue, Mar 5, 2013 at 4:00 PM, Petr Bena <benapetr at gmail.com> wrote:
> $ log killing process <10> because that kernel driver sucks and I want
> to see some nice Oops

Errrrr, no. You could maybe wrap that whole thing in single quotes.

If what you suggested above was actually used you might not get
anything logged at all. (I'm not quite sure how `log` works and idk if
you would have a file in your cwd named '10') If anything ended up
being logged it would probably be something like this:
> killing process that kernel driver sucks and I want to see some nice Oops

Anyway, the point is quote liberally unless you really know what
you're doing. (and be even more careful when giving examples to people
that may be less experienced than you!)

-Jeremy