[Labs-l] second attempt to request alternative login server

Petr Bena benapetr at gmail.com
Sun Mar 3 15:51:41 UTC 2013

HI,

today it's second time that bastion was inaccessible:

If you are having access problems, please see:
https://wikitech.wikimedia.org/wiki/Access#Accessing_public_and_private_instances
debug1: Authentications that can continue: publickey
debug1: Offering RSA public key: /home/petanb/.ssh/id_rsa
debug2: we sent a publickey packet, wait for reply

if we can't have a different way to authenticate than using public
keys WHICH ARE broken often - can we have at least second stable login
server.

BTW I assume that logins didn't work because of gluster so that it
wouldn't work anyway, but if gluster suck so hard, can we at least
have password auth until you fix it? Bad authentication is better than
no working authentication