[Labs-l] Backups?

Marc A. Pelletier marc at uberbox.org
Fri Jul 19 12:41:25 UTC 2013

On 07/19/2013 06:58 AM, Finne Boonen wrote:
> Following the instructions in there I can't access them though.
> Anbyody knows how it actually works?

It's a bit arcane, and I keep meaning to find some tool to make this
simpler, but here is a primer:

(Wherever I say "/home" below, this applies equally to "/data/project")

(a) check the contents of /home/.snaplist; it contains the list of
timestamps of the snapshots that are available at that time.

(b) cd to (or in some other way access) /home/.snapshot/<timestamp>;
that will automount that snapshot.

The snapshot will unmount itself after some period of no access.

-- Marc