[Labs-l] Can't upload SSH key

Russell Blau russblau at imapmail.org
Fri Jan 4 18:17:13 UTC 2013

On Fri, Jan 4, 2013, at 12:57 PM, Platonides wrote:
> On 04/01/13 17:53, Russell Blau wrote:
> > On Jan 4, 2013, at 11:10 AM, Damian Zaremba <damian at damianzaremba.co.uk> wrote:
> >
> >> Could you logout, login and try and import this again? Looking at the code this is due to it being unable to modify LDAP.
> >>
> > Grumble. I logged out and now I can't log in again because "You have cookies disabled" -- which I most certainly do not!  Tried both Chrome and Firefox, with same result.
>
> Reload Special:Userlogin. It will be sending you a cookie with the form.
> If you don't provide it then you are given the "You have cookies
> disabled" message. If it says you don't have them enabled just after
> cookies disabled for that site.

Well, obviously there is something (very) wrong with labsconsole today.
I was able to log in by finding the cookie that
labsconsole.wikimedia.org had set in my browser (because, as I said, I
do have cookies enabled), and manually copying and pasting the value
from that session cookie into the "Token" editbox on
[[Special:UserLogin]].  When I completed logging in and went to
[[Special:NovaKey]], there was an SSH key listed there that definitely
was not present when I was trying earlier today.  Anyway, my issues are
now resolved, but I hope someone is able to figure out and fix the
underlying problem, because this experience rates about a -1 on the
usability scale (of 1 to 10).