[Labs-l] Merging wikitech and labsconsole on Thursday at 1 PM PDT

Ryan Lane rlane at wikimedia.org
Tue Feb 26 22:08:59 UTC 2013

At 1 PM I'll do the following:

1. Mark wikitech as read-only
2. Add wikitech-old.wikimedia.org, pointing at the old wiki
3. Change wikitech.wikimedia.org to labsconsole's IP
4. Import all of the content to labsconsole
5. Change labsconsole.wikimedia.org to wikitech.wikimedia.org

I anticipate the process to take roughly an hour. I'll do an export of
wikitech prior to setting it read-only, so that we'll have as little
downtime as possible. I'll do a second export/import to ensure all changes
are accounted for.

If you believe there's a time conflict with this migration let me know and
I can reschedule it.

- Ryan