[Labs-l] Changes to projects for shared storage

Ryan Lane rlane at wikimedia.org
Fri Feb 15 23:42:55 UTC 2013

Many projects don't need shared home directories or project storage, yet
the gluster volumes are created for them and sit unused. Gluster really
doesn't handle having a large number of volumes.

We'll be pushing out a change very soon. All new projects will be created
without project or home storage by default. A project admin will be able to
configure the project to add project storage or shared home directories in
the "Manage projects" interface via the "configure" action.

We'll also be removing project storage and shared home directories from any
project where it looks unused and deleting the volumes to help stablize
glusterfs.

- Ryan