[Labs-l] RFC: Webtools setup

Marc A. Pelletier marc at uberbox.org
Thu Feb 14 19:47:54 UTC 2013

On 02/14/2013 01:45 PM, Tim Landscheidt wrote:
> So my proposal is

That's pretty much exactly what I had in mind when considering the same
questions.

Each "tool" has a global uid:gid, and the group is also shared by all
the users that work to maintain it.

This turns out to be an important requirement for the deployment of OGS
in a sane manner; and will allow web services to offload intensive stuff
to the cluster.

I'm currently working on a more "general" architecture that encompasses
web services, long-running services, and irregular tasks under a cluster
model; I'll post it in a day or two so we can look at it and hammer at it.

-- Coren / Marc