[Labs-l] Maria DB

Petr Bena benapetr at gmail.com
Wed Feb 13 12:27:58 UTC 2013

Hi,

I have installed Maria DB to all my servers, including production servers
few weeks ago, and I found it quite stable and I like it (even the command
line tool for working with sql is far better than the one included in mysql
pack)

It's supported on all latest ubuntu versions from 10.04 UP (maybe even
older) - so my question is, are we going to use it on wikimedia production?

I think we could migrate beta cluster for now - it has terrible performance
and this could help. It could be a first step to migrate wikimedia
production cluster.