[Labs-l] Bot cluster reliability issues

Andrew Bogott abogott at wikimedia.org
Sun Feb 3 23:25:08 UTC 2013

On 2/3/13 1:50 PM, Rschen7754 wrote:
> I've been getting more and more frustrated with the complete lack of
> reliability here. Currently I am unable to run my bot anywhere: bots-2
> can't access storage anymore,
The bots-2 problem, at least, should be fixed.  The solution is (and
was) well-documented here:
https://labsconsole.wikimedia.org/wiki/Help:Shared_storage#Troubleshooting

> Are there any plans to resolve these issues, or do I need to find
> another hosting solution entirely?
There are plans!  RIght now Ryan and I are mostly focused on providing
the (virtual) hardware platform for labs, but we are in the process of
interviewing candidates for this position:

http://hire.jobvite.com/Jobvite/Job.aspx?j=o7y3Wfwo&c=qSa9VfwQ

That person will be dedicated to designing and providing specific
services for uses such as yours.

Thank you for bearing with us during our growing pains, and don't
hesitate to ask specific questions here or in IRC.

-A