[Labs-l] Shrinking gluster volumes

Ryan Lane rlane at wikimedia.org
Tue Apr 2 02:02:34 UTC 2013

I'm beginning the process of removing labstore3 and labstore4 from all
volumes. For some of the projects more heavily using gluster I'll make sure
to schedule the shrinking. It causes file access issues for a few seconds
when the remove-brick commit operation occurs. I've tested this on a number
of smaller projects and it's worked without issues, but with all things
gluster, I don't expect this to be without issues.

If you experience any issues with your volumes, be sure to let me know!

- Ryan