[Labs-l] Ability of Labs to be the new WMDE Toolserver by 2014

Kai Krueger kakrueger at gmail.com
Thu Sep 27 06:06:21 UTC 2012

On 09/26/2012 12:07 PM, Ryan Lane wrote:
> We require access through a bastion host due to a lack of IPv4 IP
> addresses. Of course, there's no reason that access has to occur
> through a single bastion host. Our hope was to get a much larger IPv4
> range so that we could provide IP addresses at will. It's not looking
> very likely, though.

If IPv4 address space is the issue, would it be possible to get a public
IPv6 address by default for every instance?

Given the unfortunate lack of IPv6 availability on most ISPs that
obviously won't cover everyone, but it might make it easier for some.
Particularly when you start a new project and haven't yet requested a
public IPv4 address.

Kai