[Labs-l] New wiki group contentadmin created

Ryan Lane rlane at wikimedia.org
Tue Oct 23 23:11:56 UTC 2012

When we started preparations to open registration on labsconsole, we
started protecting the easy vandalism targets. Of course, that's not
great because we don't give out admin rights on the wiki, since it
would allow admins to inject javascript that could do really, really
nasty things.

To allow people to properly manage the content, I've created a group
called contentadmins that has most of the rights of the admin group,
but without the rights that would allow cloudadmins to be owned.

Petrb is the initial member of that group. We likely need to make a
request queue similar to the shell request queue to manage access.

- Ryan