[Labs-l] saving up some public IP by using a common proxy?

Platonides platonides at gmail.com
Wed Oct 3 13:15:33 UTC 2012

On 02/10/12 20:46, Forrest F. Fuqua wrote:
> you could even do a kind of reverse hostname thingie based off the
> internal IP of the project(129.168.0.123.domain.com
> <http://129.168.0.123.domain.com>), or a interface to add the hostname
> into the system, maybe even a NAT setup of sorts, a control panel that
> uses a small set of public IPs and can give ports out (This is good for
> non webbased stuff)

Another idea would be to have the dns serve for the instance address of
the IPv6 of the instance and the IPv4 of the gateway. Then the proxy
would connect to the instance through IPv6. We would want some
configuration to force it to *never* use IPv4 -IPv6 is already the
default- but seems a simple method.