[Labs-l] bastion.wmflabs.org's IP has changed

Damian Zaremba damian at damianzaremba.co.uk
Mon Jun 25 15:03:24 UTC 2012

On 25/06/12 15:57, Platonides wrote:
> On 25/06/12 13:17, Ryan Lane wrote:
>> We needed to change bastion.wmflabs.org's public IP address. It was in
>> a range that we need to use for the compute nodes. The old IP address
>> will stay associated with bastion until the DNS cache is expired. The
>> new IP address is 208.80.153.207. It's unlikely you should notice a
>> change, since it was an IP address that was in use for an instance
>> that only I likely ever used.
>>
>> Let me know if you notice any issues.
>>
>> - Ryan
> Just a ssh notification :)
>  Warning: Permanently added the RSA host key for IP address
> '208.80.153.207' to the list of known hosts.
> Connection works fine here.

Would it be possible to put the ssh host keys in the vm table on
labsconsole? Assuming we can easily pull them from facter and store them
somewhere sensible.

Not so much of a deal for the instances internally but for external
access/the bastion's it would be nice to be able to validate the key (or
get really fancy and publish SSHFP records automagically on instance
creation and let ssh clients auto validate against the DNS entry (extra
cookies for that)).//

Just my 2 cents.

Damian

--