[Labs-l] beta changes

Antoine Musso hashar+wmf at free.fr
Fri Jul 27 08:38:23 UTC 2012

Hello,

Yesterday I have migrated the 'beta' shared repository out of
deployment-nfs-memc in favor of the project shared storage.

We used to have a /mnt/export directory on -nfs-memc which was published
via NFS. I have moved the apache and upload6 directories to
/data/project and the remaining files in the archive:

 /data/project/deployment-nfs-memc_mnt-export_backup

To use /data/project, we are using symbolic links because GlusterFS
would not let us mount a volume subdir. The related puppet classes are:

- nfs::apache::labs
  symlink /data/project/apache to /usr/local/apache

-  nfs::upload::labs
 symlink /data/project/upload6 to /mnt/upload6
 symlink /data/project/thumbs to /mnt/thumbs

The class do not umount the old mount so that need to be done manually
and the empty dir need to be deleted before rerunning puppet.

I have did the migration of the apache32,33 boxes as well as dbdump.
Will look at the other instances this morning.

cheers,

--
Antoine "hashar" Musso