[Labs-l] Potentially disruptive change on all instances - ldap library change

Ryan Lane rlane32 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 21 21:41:36 UTC 2012

The LDAP libraries that were being used in the instances had a bug
that was subtly breaking things. We were using libnss-ldap, which
apparently had a bug when using SSL or TLS, that would break setguid.

Patrick Reilly found this a couple weeks ago, and found a workaround.
Last week Sara Smollett tested the workaround in a project, and today
I deployed it. It should be working fine, and the setguid bug should
be gone as well.

If your instances are broken, let me know. I force-ran puppet on all
instances to ensure the change would go through.

- Ryan