[Labs-announce] wikitech/horizon 2fa mishap

Andrew Bogott abogott at wikimedia.org
Sun Sep 18 19:06:25 UTC 2016

hours, read on... anyone else, you're good!

     A very complicated series of mishaps (yet to be documented)
resulted in quite a few people's two-factor credentials being deleted on
Friday.  We have backups, and Reedy has just restored the creds to the
state before the incident.

     This means that most people should notice no difference at all.
If, on the other hand, you were unlucky enough to reset your credentials
during the critical window, you may be locked out.  If that happened,
please contact me on IRC or email me directly and we'll do a little
song-and-dance to get you re-reset and up and running again.

     Thanks, Reedy!

-Andrew