[Labs-announce] Tools NFS disruptive maintenance scheduled on 11/2 is being postponed to 11/14

Madhumitha Viswanathan mviswanathan at wikimedia.org
Mon Nov 14 18:15:40 UTC 2016

Most of tools should be back up now. Expected behavior for the next many
hours (Expected ~12-14 hours based on last sync of tools data, but might be
much longer)

Quoting from previous announcement [1]:

* The tools NFS share (/data/project and /home) will be read-only for the
> duration of the maintenance, so no new data or logs will get written to it.
> * New jobs cannot be submitted for the whole maintenance window - this
> means submitting jobs through cron or tools-mail will not function,
> although tools-mail can continue to send emails.
> * Current jobs might keep running, but won't get rescheduled if they die.
> If they do not die and aren't writing to NFS they should be fine.

[1]: https://lists.wikimedia.org/pipermail/labs-l/2016-October/004698.html

--
--Madhu :)