[Labs-admin] Community-led project GLAMpipe's team <> WMF Labs team

Srishti Sethi ssethi at wikimedia.org
Tue Jan 24 01:43:11 UTC 2017

Hello teams,

Greetings!!

@Labs team: I would like to introduce you to the members of the GLAMpipe
project (Susanna, Kimmo, and Ari) that recently got accepted for the
community-led project's grant! More about their project:
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Grants:Project/GLAMpipe/.

Their team is looking to proceed with the Labs instance, and I thought it
might be helpful for them to know you :)

They were wondering if someone from your team might have time to verbally
walk them through the process, step-by-step. I understand this could be a
bit of time commitment from your end. Thus wondering if you would be
interested in giving a tech talk instead (that Rachel organizes) on this
topic where members of the GLAMpipe team could be the audience and get to
ask questions, and other volunteers gain benefit from the video in the
future. What do you think? Also, some of these are Quim's ideas :)

@GLAMpipe project's team: Meet WMF Lab's team, that provides cloud
computing infrastructure and also helps volunteers in getting involved with
Wikimedia operations.

>From what I know, here are the instructions to setup an instance:
https://wikitech.wikimedia.org/wiki/Help:Tool_Labs.

Over to you! Let me know if you've any questions.

Cheers,
Srishti

--
Srishti Sethi