[Labs-admin] Labsdb goal from Q2

Chase Pettet cpettet at wikimedia.org
Wed Dec 21 16:52:17 UTC 2016

As of now I have closed the 4 key results from our goal for the new Labsdb
setup at https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T140788

https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T140452
https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T141097
https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T147051
https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T147052

The etherpad from the meeting today is
https://etherpad.wikimedia.org/p/labsdb-goal where we agreed that we have
met the spirit of the goal.  Obviously a long way to go still but this is
has been no small task :)

The visible outcome here is that labsdb-web.eqiad.wmnet and
labsdb-analytics.eqiad.wmnet can be used from instances now and terminate
through the dbproxies to a new style labsdb server with s1 and s3 shards
available. There has been no public announcement and will not be until we
are further down the road making this transparent to users.  For now we all
agreed to solicit some prominent users to poke at the setup and to do so
ourselves as well.

Have a good holiday,

--
Chase Pettet