[HipHop] Decent sized data set imported

Paul Tarjan pt at fb.com
Sat Jun 15 02:04:17 UTC 2013

>Hmm, getting some mysql errors...
>
>$ hhvm maintenance/rebuildrecentchanges.php
>HipHop Notice: runtime/ext_mysql: failed executing [DELETE /*
>DatabaseBase::delete  */ FROM `recentchanges`] [Lost connection to
>MySQL server during query] in
>/var/lib/hiphop/mw/includes/db/DatabaseMysql.php on line 46
>HipHop Notice: runtime/ext_mysql: failed executing [DELETE /*
>DatabaseBase::delete  */ FROM `recentchanges`] [Lost connection to
>MySQL server during query] in
>/var/lib/hiphop/mw/includes/db/DatabaseMysql.php on line 46
>A database error has occurred. Did you forget to run
>maintenance/update.php after upgrading?  See:
>https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:Upgrading#Run_the_update_script
>Query: DELETE FROM `recentchanges`
>Function: DatabaseBase::delete
>Error: 2013 Lost connection to MySQL server during query (localhost)

Sara and I just debugged this and our default read timeout is 1 second.
That works well for us, as we only do tiny mysql queries, but is a dumb
default for the wild. I'll update it. For now, you can do

hhvm -v MySQL.ReadTimeout=60000 maintenance/rebuildrecentchanges.php

Or

hhvm -c /var/lib/hiphop/mw/config.hdf maintenance/rebuildrecentchanges.php

Since I added it to the config file.