[HipHop] Decent sized data set imported

Paul Tarjan pt at fb.com
Fri Jun 14 22:42:57 UTC 2013

>A good initial batch at least. I tried installing ParserFunctions
>(probably
>one of our most crucial), but got 500 errors. Where does this log to? Or
>can we expose those errors to the web? (display_errors in LocalSettings
>didn't seem to do the trick).

The config I'm running with was logging to stdout in my script process.
I'll edit the config so it logs to

/var/logs/hhvm/error.log

The config is in

/var/lib/hiphop/mw/config.hdf

And I'm running the server like this:

sudo ~ptarjan/local/hiphop-php/hphp/hhvm/hhvm -m server -c
/var/lib/hiphop/mw/config.hdf

>Question: how would I run command line scripts with hhvm? I figured it
>might be nice to run some of our maintenance scripts with it but the
>obvious `hhvm path/to/script.php` didn't seem to work (just hung with
>no output).

It should just work like you said.

$ ~ptarjan/local/hiphop-php/hphp/hhvm/hhvm /tmp/echo.php

It works

If you are passing args it is a bit clowny right now. You have to put
--arg before any the args that are going to script. Drew is fixing that.