[HipHop] starting import

Chad innocentkiller at gmail.com
Thu Jun 13 14:49:38 UTC 2013

On Thu, Jun 13, 2013 at 2:09 AM, Paul Tarjan <pt at fb.com> wrote:
> I've started an import of the database dump. I had to move the db from
> /var/lib/mysql to /home/mysql since we only have 10 gigs of storage on /.
> The import seems like it will take 3.5 days at 112 pages per second with
> 30M pages, if it stays steady.
>
> Here is the command I'm running:
>
> bzcat ~/dump/enwiki-20130503-pages-articles.xml.bz2 | perl ~/bin/mwimport
> | mysql -f -u<user> -p<pass> --default-character-set=utf8 my_wiki

I think enwiki is a little bigger than we need to do for this round of
testing. I was
thinking of just doing something like simplewiki or mediawiki.org content.

Also, /home shared storage across instances, so the performance probably isn't
as good as we'd get on /.

I'm going to stop this import, flush all the data from the wiki and do
the import
of simplewiki *today*.

-Chad