[Foundation-l] Fwd: Wikimedia India Program Trust

Erik Moeller erik at wikimedia.org
Fri Nov 11 23:50:27 UTC 2011

On Fri, Nov 11, 2011 at 9:34 AM, Bishakha Datta <bishakhadatta at gmail.com> wrote:
> My personal view is that there is enough work ahead for not just one, or
> two, but numerous entities, formal and informal, to enter the fray and
> actualize this potential. Already, there are many more requests for
> collaboration within India than either WMIN or WIPT or both put together
> can handle.

No kidding. Nor do I think there's any point in playing blame games
when a first pilot (!) like the India Education Program doesn't meet
expectations. The point of trying things is to learn so we can improve
over time.

I look forward to seeing some of you based in India at the Hackathon
and WikiConference next week:

https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/India_Hackathon_2011
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/WikiConference_India_2011

Cheers,