[Foundation-l] Software idea: a "Wikipedia Explorer" that lets you browse Wikipedia and more

Gregory Varnum admin at wikiqueer.org
Tue Dec 27 21:30:35 UTC 2011

I tend to agree that MW focus should be on the web applications - including mobile.  However a free (and ad-free) third-party Adobe AIR app that integrates new web features with services offered by other sites in ways not otherwise allowed by WMF policies - might be interesting for folks that enjoy browsers like Flock and such (which I know is a surprisingly large audience)

I'm not personally that socially oriented (beyond sharing things on FB, Twitter and G+) - so chat and such wouldn't interest me personally.  As far as the app experience, I do occasionally use Mac OS X Dictionary's ability to browse Wikipedia from time to time.  That pretty much fills that void for me the few times a year I feel it.

-greg aka varnent