[Foundation-l] Partecipation in Wikimania 2011

Osama Khalid osamak at gnu.org
Thu Aug 12 11:17:37 UTC 2010

On Thu, Aug 12, 2010 at 03:59:38AM -0700, Mariano Cecowski wrote:
> I beg to disagree; getting into United states is anything but easy.

Maybe it depends, but I assume it won't be much harder for a European,
Asian or African to get one than a Saudi. Why are we discussing this
anyway?

> And is not that Israel won't give visas to potential attendees; in
> this case is the home nation of the interested ones that sets
> obstacles.

That's not the issue I'm trying to address here. I'm saying it's
difficult. Maybe Israel wants Arabs to be there (this is out of topic,
but I'd assume that they surely don't like the fact that they're being
disrespected for their actions). But what's important here is, again,
that many, many people won't be able to come.

> Additionally, the current political situation between given
> countries should not affect the realization of this apolitical,
> non-religious global conference that seeks worldwide collaboration.

It's not about what Wikimania is what it is not.

--
Osama Khalid
English-to-Arabic translator and programmer.