[Foundation-l] advertising craigslist

Anthony wikimail at inbox.org
Tue Dec 15 18:40:45 UTC 2009

On Tue, Dec 15, 2009 at 12:55 PM, geni <geniice at gmail.com> wrote:

> 2009/12/15 Delphine Ménard <notafishz at gmail.com>:
> > And whether it is Craig Newmark, the Dalai Lama, the Pope or my
> > neighbours, if their "supporting" a good cause actually works and
> > money comes in and awareness rises, frankly, I say "go ahead" and
> > "thanks for all your help".
> >

> So you are okey with adverts on wikipedia as long as they are ah
> ""supporting" a good cause"?

Personally, I am.  Especially if they fall under the category of "qualified
sponsorship payments" (
http://www.irs.gov/publications/p598/ch03.html#en_US_publink100067505) with
regard to the IRS.  (For liability reasons I am not making nor will I make
any judgment as to whether or not this particular "ad" does qualify as
such.)