[Foundation-l] South Korean Government's regulations on real name for Internet

RYU Cheol rcheol at gmail.com
Thu Apr 9 04:53:01 UTC 2009

According to this post,
http://briandeutsch.blogspot.com/2009/03/google-korea-youtube-korea-to-begin.html
,

"Google, the world’s largest Internet company, has finally submitted
to South Korea‘s unprecedented Internet regulations, including
agreeing to implement a “real name” system in which any South Korean
can post their contents only after they confirm their resident
registration number."

Wikipedia have to response to this regulation.

Any site which has more than 100,000 visitors for a day have to
implement real name system according to the regulation.
We have to check the number of visitors from South Korea. If we have
more than that, we have to decide if we will allow editing or not from
South Korea.

It's a serious challenge for Wikipedia.

-Cheol