[Foundation-l] GNU FDL 1.3 released!

Erik Moeller erik at wikimedia.org
Mon Nov 3 18:38:16 UTC 2008

2008/11/3 Thomas Dalton <thomas.dalton at gmail.com>:
> That argument works if the deadline were today, it doesn't justify
> having it 2 days ago.

To avoid confusion about timezones, it's better to date it clearly in
the past.  I don't see that it has significant impact.

> As it is, we
> have 2 days in which there was no way we could have done anything,

It's not clear to me that anything needs to be done. Even the
relicensing of transwiki copy operations within Wikimedia is IMO
clearly in the spirit of the license. There will probably be a small
set of copy operations affected by this, e.g. copying material from
Wikia into a Wikimedia wikis, but we will have to deal with that
regardless of the deadline.
--
Erik Möller
Deputy Director, Wikimedia Foundation