[Foundation-l] Fair use being badly abused on en.wikipedia

Chad innocentkiller at gmail.com
Mon Jan 7 16:31:24 UTC 2008

The abuse of fair use images is absolutely rampant on the English Wikipedia.
During my tenure as an administrator, I deleted over 26000 pages, the
vast majority
of which were Fair Use Images.

Thousands upon thousands are deleted every month, and yet it still
never seems to
stem the tide of incoming images. Until uploading FU images on the
English Wikipedia
is forbidden, the problem will not be getting smaller.

Chad H.