[Foundation-l] Fwd: for an academic endorsement ofwikipediaarticles?

Dirk Riehle dirk at riehle.org
Tue Dec 18 00:57:00 UTC 2007

> You're suggesting publishing an
> article *about* Wikipedia, rather than *from* Wikipedia. That's quite
> a different suggestion. I don't think that's the kind of thing an
> academic journal would be interested in, but it's worth having on
> Wikipedia itself somewhere.

Well, there aren't many things that are hotter these days than
research on Wikipedia itself, which typically includes some
explanation of how Wikipedia works.

I did an academically citable interview on "how and why Wikipedia
works" a while back:
http://www.riehle.org/computer-science/research/2006/wikisym-2006-interview.html

I wouldn't worry at all about getting the word out to academia.

Dirk

--
Phone: +1 650 215 3459
Web: http://www.riehle.org