[Foundation-l] Taipei chosen to host Wikimania 2007

Gatto Nero gattonero at gmail.com
Mon Sep 25 12:22:32 UTC 2006

2006/9/25, Gordon Joly <gordon.joly at pobox.com>:

> It was almost certain that a decent bid from Asia would be successful.
>
> We look forward to Wikimania 2007 and hope that Wikimania will swing
> back to Europe in 2008!
>
> Gordo

Then why did they open a WorldWide Contest?
They knew they were going to choose a city in Asia, then why
shortlisting 3 city out of Asia (and only one in it)?
That's ridicolous.
If "turnation" was that important, they would have told in a very
clear way by the begin: "We are gonna choose Asia, cities from Asia
can make a bid. Others not".

Gatto Nero
(that's what I talk about when I use the verb "be fooled")