[Foundation-l] Wikimedia Foundation logo policy

effe iets anders effeietsanders at gmail.com
Thu Sep 28 11:10:26 UTC 2006

2006/9/27, Anthere <Anthere9 at yahoo.com>:
<snip>
> There is infortunately no resolution cooking as of today. We listed the
> issue as one of the topic to discuss at the board retreat.
> If you have ideas or a "draft" of concept to provide to help us proceed,
> it will be welcome.
</snip>

Unfortunately indeed. I know there is a draft on
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Logo_and_trademark_policy , and it
might be a nice concept, but I think it would be best if it would be
discussed by those who have studied for this, the lawyers among us,
and maybe also others who are interested. I am for sure interested,
but i think the legal work should be done first. In principle the idea
of thecurrent draft looks OK to me (use of logo on small scale and NC
is allowed, commercial needs permission from WMF or authorized agent
etc), but the language might have to change (unless "stuff"  is
legally a clear definition ;-)) Maybe the Chief legal officer and/or
brad could take a look at it?

Lodewijk