[Foundation-l] [WikiEN-l] Wikimedia Board Elections

Erik Moeller eloquence at gmail.com
Sat Sep 16 17:05:59 UTC 2006

> It is very very important that everyone vote.

Yes, absolutely.

> I personally strongly strongly support the candidacies of Oscar and
> Mindspillage.

I think that's a very important, and valuable, statement. I am on the
record as stating that the majority of any future expanded Board
should be elected by the community (possibly through a membership
model, but not necessarily so). However, in that model, sitting Board
members can provide balance and reason by endorsing particular
candidacies. Angela has endorsed me, and I think it is vital for you,
Anthere and Michael to also share your views on the candidates.

I don't think a public, cross-posted mailing list thread is
necessarily the best way to do so, as it might turn into an exchange
of negativity. In the future, perhaps each candidate statement should
have a "slot" for endorsements. That way, Board members and others
could easily make their opinions known.

I for one welcome and encourage questions and comments about my candidacy at:
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/User_talk:Eloquence/Platform_2006

For those who do not wish to vote for me, I support the candidacies of
Arnomane, Mindspillage, AaronSw, and UninvitedCompany. I do not
support Oscar at this point in time; even though he is a very pleasant
and experienced person, I think his skills are primarily in the area
of diplomacy and negotiation, and will be more useful when the Board
is larger and the structures of the Foundation have stabilized.
However, I will probably support him for an expanded Board.

The voting system used in this election, approval voting, allows
anyone to vote for as many candidates as they want, and I would be
pleased to receive the support of you, the reader. I would also be
happy if one of the other candidates listed above won, as I think that
each one of them will do a great job at representing and helping to
run and oversee the Foundation in this critical period of its history.
--
Peace & Love,
Erik