[Foundation-l] How not to manage opensource project

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Sun Sep 3 22:11:21 UTC 2006

> You miss the point completely.  Even if Anthere, as a very involved and
> very plugged in person, can be convinced that the wording "govern and
> manage" is an innocent variation of what is really intended, she is
> still only one person.  You belittle the problem by relegating it to
> "spelling conventions".  Are you suggesting that all the French who,

No, I'm talking about people who explode at others because, rather
than check that what they thought the person meant was what they
actually meant, they assume bad faith and make a ridiculous public
fuss, e.g. Anthere at the Wikimedia press conference - which it turned
out was because she had understood the situation to be the precise
opposite of what it was, but couldn't be bothered to clarify this; or
the present case, where differences in usage of  "govern" and "manage"
lead to the person on that page assuming bad faith and throwing around
legal threats, rather than first asking. Is that any clearer?

- d.