[Foundation-l] How not to manage opensource project

Jimmy Wales jwales at wikia.com
Sun Sep 3 11:36:48 UTC 2006

> And what Jimbo says
> "Of course the foundation governs and manages the projects."
> --Jimbo Wales 07:54, 27 August 2006 (UTC)

This omits significant context from the conversation.  (Ah, the perils
of trying to follow a discussion across multiple wikis, it is not your
fault Anthere.)

I also said, but can't find where, that I think that people are reading
far too much into "governs" and "manages".  I think that, read properly,
there is absolutely no question that the foundation governs and manages
the projects: as always, and this includes Anthere, and everything that
she has supported over the years.

Does it mean that the foundation is involved in every little decision?
Of course not, but that is not what "governs" and "manages" means.

--Jimbo