[Foundation-l] Wikimedia main office

Anthere Anthere9 at yahoo.com
Wed May 31 13:26:42 UTC 2006

Anthony DiPierro wrote:
Wikimedia's board is obviously way too small.

> Anthony

Seconded.
What I think could be a good "measure" is that all committees should
have at least one board member sitting on it (as a rule of thumb).

Current situation of committees

Audit committee : Michael and Jimbo are on it (perhaps Tim as well,
memory hole here). The committee has successfully selected an audit firm
and the audit is ongoing.

Board expansion committee : Jimbo, Angela and Anthere are on it.
Currently a bit stalling...

Chapters committee : no board member on it. Delphine handles it pretty
well :-) A cool committee

Communications committee : Angela on it. Seems to be pretty active
committee. Regular reports provided.

Executive committee : inactive committee. Should be replaced by a CEO

Events committee : no board member on it. Was started from what I heard.

Financial committee : Michael on it. Hummm, not really (yet ?) a committee

Insurance committee : jeeee, so inactive that I do not even remember who
is on it... (personal note : what is going on here ?)

Technical committee : no board member on it. But Michael (and I as a
pompom girl) follow what is going on.

Special projects committee : Anthere on it. Ongoing committee with needs
for more experts

Trademarks committee : no board member on it. Should be transformed in a
legal committee (or a new committee be created).

 From a quick glance, I'd say we have a couple of major holes.

In particular a legal hole. A board member from legal background is
required.

I recently suggested to Mav to propose the creation of a fundraising
committee (I presume Mav resolution is pending), which seems to neither
really fit with comcom, nor with financial com, nor with technical com,
though the three committees would be involved as well.

The special projects committee is also supposed to take care of business
development and grants. Additional expertise on these matters to add on
the board would possibly be quite neat as well.

Maybe a big shot related to the technical side of things might be cool
on the board as well, if only to help us make more deal with big firms
on technical issues.

ant