[Foundation-l] Free advertising on Wikipedia

Sabine Cretella sabine_cretella at yahoo.it
Thu May 4 15:21:04 UTC 2006

Hi. I was thinking a long time about this ... because on one hand
Wikipedia is neutral, so why should companies like Siemens and Crysler
have more right for an article than small start-ups? Who knows what this
start-up is going to be in some years?

Why not restrict information to: Company xyz is in abc and produces bla
bla bla ....

Leading then to a project like http://wikicompany.org?

I wish to point out that I am not associated with Wikicompany and that I
write this on a personal title - I only see his project as a very valid
one for the way it is being built. At least on such a project there
would be no problem of a company describing its services and inserting
links. Another advantage is that there would not be that "Logos are not
allowed"-problem with Commons - it is an outside project, a good and
free one. And in that way: no company gets a direct link on wikipedia,
but just one link to the outside project where their contents then of
course must comply with the rules there.

Well, this could solve the problem ...

My 2 cts.

Best,

Sabine