[Foundation-l] RfC: A Free Content and Expression Definition

Angela beesley at gmail.com
Wed May 3 14:08:30 UTC 2006

On 5/4/06, Birgitte SB <birgitte_sb at yahoo.com> wrote:
> If the overriding goal
> of WMF is to focus on solely on "free content" by this
> definition, then Wikisource can focus its enerigies in
> other areas and change it's scope a bit.

Yes, that is the goal. As the
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Foundation_bylaws state the
"Wikimedia Foundation is dedicated to the development and maintenance
of online free, open content ... under a free documentation license
..."

> But if being successful is truly half of our goal...

We can be successful while still maintaining our focus on providing
free content. If Wikisource is becoming something that requires
non-free content, then it should certainly change its scope so it can
return to its original mission.

Angela.