[Foundation-l] Problems on block ip user in Chinese Wikipedia

mingli yuan mingli.yuan at gmail.com
Wed Mar 29 14:26:10 UTC 2006

> Agreed. We must do our best so that inland users really succeed to
> access the projects. I am not sure I understood the method you plan to
> use to ensure CNBlog proxy users will have access. Can you clarify ? I
> will read the wikitech as well...

Thanks Ant.

We have post the same message to wikitech-l (
http://mail.wikipedia.org/pipermail/wikitech-l/2006-March/034563.html
), and get feedback there that XFF project (
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/XFF_project ) could be a solution for
our problems.

With help from Tim Starling, Wikimedia had already added CNBlog.org to
the trusted XFF list. Now any vandalism from CNBlog.org can be blocked
without interrupting normal contributions. Also the real IP will be
revealed for any edit from CNBlog.org.

The XFF really works, thanks for our developers.