[Foundation-l] Meta:MetaProject to Overhaul Meta

Lars Aronsson lars at aronsson.se
Wed Mar 29 05:04:17 UTC 2006

Alex Schenck wrote:

> Okay, apparently, we have a few problems here.
>
> Despite praise from various sources, several other Meta people
> have complained that this project is doing more harm than good.
> While I of course completely disagree with that notion, I feel
> that I ought to let out some steam.
>
> Meta right now is horrible.

I think you could benefit from trying to write an NPOV description
of what the problem is, that you're trying to fix.  The
oversimplified view that "meta is horrible" is apparently not
shared by everybody.  You're too fast to your conclusions and the
community cannot keep up with you at that pace.

For me meta is an archive of old ideas, some implemented, others
not, with the arguments for and against.  Six months ago I
organized the [[category:books]], which was very useful to me. The
way you summarize your frustration, I cannot know if you think
that my work was all rubbish, or if it could be allowed to stay.
Should I support your initiative, or try to stop it? I don't know.

--
  Lars Aronsson (lars at aronsson.se)