[Foundation-l] Ta bu shi da yu is getting married

Samuel Klein meta.sj at gmail.com
Tue Mar 21 20:57:24 UTC 2006

On Tue, 21 Mar 2006, ! Chris Sherlock  wrote:

> Just a short note to let people know that on Saturday 18th March, 2006
> Wikipedia administrator Ta bu shi da yu asked his girlfriend to marry
> him, and she said yes!

I felicitate you heartily on your good fortune  :-)

> To clarify (I've been pinged on this before) - obviously he did not
> ask her in his capacity as a Wikipedia admin :-)

Yet I must ask, why not?  Does not the admin heart beat with passion?
Are not the rare administrative capacities -- to protect, to expunge
injury, to merge two different histories into one, and (with all due
bureaucratcy) to christen with a new name -- the very powers offered
to and expected of a spouse?

Warmly,
   SJ