[Foundation-l] Copyright on Wikisource

Ray Saintonge saintonge at telus.net
Mon Mar 20 21:11:25 UTC 2006

Yann Forget wrote:

>Further more, I would suggest than Wikisource should be hosted in Canada, so
>that the benefit of Canadian copyright law could be used.

Wikisource.ca could probably do this as long as it maintains an arms
length relationship.  This could be similar to what Project Gutenberg
did with with certain works in Australia before that country extended
its copyright laws to 70 years.  I don't think that this is enough to
have all of Wikisource hosted in Canada.

Ec