[Foundation-l] Copyright on Wikisource

GerardM gerard.meijssen at gmail.com
Wed Mar 15 22:33:32 UTC 2006

Hoi,
The idea of fair use is broken when you make it as complicated as
this.Things are broken. They are broken because on the one hand the
en:wikipedia does not want to give something up ie "fair use"  and on
the other hand we do not want to consider licenses for Commons that
are legal, that allow us to have content that only the en:wikipedia
now has because of "fair use".

There is nothing fair about having content under "fair use" while it
cannot be had under a ND license and have it legally available for
other projects. In a previous threat about fair use people decided
that they do not want to hear about this.. That is an en:POV and it
makes for a parochical POV not the POV that does justice to the needs
of other projects ...

Thanks,
    GerardM