[Foundation-l] Fair use images

GerardM gerard.meijssen at gmail.com
Wed Mar 8 12:40:43 UTC 2006

Hoi,
Your plea is not well targeted. Commons our principal resource for the
storage of media does not allow for "fair use" images. You describe a
problem that is different depending what resource you target, many
projects have different rules as to "fair use". The rules of new and
the existence of "fair use" material differ as well. These rules have
changed over time consequently pictures that complied with the rules
at that time would not comply anymore.

So yes, there is a problem. What is the problem that you want to
address. What do you propose to do. Who do you want to do this?

It is not as if people are not aware of it. It is not as if people are
not actively dealing with it. My point is that we need people to DO
things and not to cry wolf.

Thanks,
   GerardM