[Foundation-l] Opinions/suggestions for "outside" members of the board?

Anthony DiPierro wikilegal at inbox.org
Tue Jun 20 17:05:39 UTC 2006

On 6/20/06, Paweł Dembowski <fallout at lexx.eu.org> wrote:
> Anthony DiPierro wrote:
>
> >> Well, I wouldn't want to live a world with only "free" content.
> >>
> > And I wouldn't want you on the board of Wikimedia.
>
> I never said I wanted to be on the board. Anyway, free content has its
> advantages, but I don't see it as either realistic or even good for it
> to replace all other sorts of content in all situations.

I don't know.  I bet a lot of people a few years ago would have said
it wasn't realistic to create a free encyclopia that anyone could
edit.  Now I have my doubts as to whether or not free quality fiction
will ever catch on, but fiction is rather outside the scope of
Wikimedia, and if it were realistic I certainly think it'd be a good
thing.

Anthony