[Foundation-l] Stewards policy proposal

Mihai Floran mihai at emma.ro
Fri Jan 27 17:43:57 UTC 2006

As the stewards community got larger and not so many things to do right now I think we should have a larger policy about stewards, their status and functions.

First of all I think that if we want to have neutral stewards they should not be members of staff in local projects (sysop, bureaucrat) because this can influence their decision.
The current stewards should have a period to think about the issue and consider if they want to leave their local status or the steward status.

Another urgent issue is checkuser policy regarding stewards. We don't have one and I think is immediatly subject.

Any other ideas?